HElena Valsecchi was born in Novara, Italy, in 1976. She currently lives and works between Lisbon and Peniche.
Graduated in Public Relations at IULM University in Milan in 1999. Until 2007, she has developed a career in marketing and commercial areas in multinational companies based in Milan. In 2008 she moved to Lisbon, where she started a business and initially developed her artistic career as a self-taught person, then deepening it at Ar.Co and at MArt, in Lisbon.
Since 2015, she has been regularly exhibiting in Portugal and abroad, and she has participated in several artistic residencies. Bursarist Carmona e Costa / MArt for 2019-2020 Mart’s Artistic Residency program.
- Art Residency at RAMA – Residências Artísticas, Maceira, Torres Vedras, Portugal.
- “Insterstício”, collective exhibition. MAAT, Lisbon, Portugal.
- “Exposição de Bolseiros MArt 2019/2020”, Galeria Sá da Costa, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Art residency at “Casa Animal” with Musa Paradisíaca. Fábrica da Pólvora, Vale de Milhaços, Portugal.
- “Ronda da noite”, final exhibition of MArt’s “Acadêmia de Verão”. “Montejunto 1” project was awarded with Carmona and Costa / MArt / Sá da Costa bursary for the 2019-2020 MArt Artistic Residency program. Lisbon, Portugal.
- “PLACELESS”, solo exhibit. Lx Factory, Lisbon, Portugal
- “Coexistência e Negociação”, collective exhibit. Museu Condes de Castro Guimarães, Cascais, Portugal
- ArtParma Fair with “809 Art Gallery”, Parma, Italy
- Ar.Co Artistic Residence, São Carlos Theater, Lisbon, Portugal
- Collective exhibition “8”, Fábrica Braço de Prata, Lisbon, Portugal
- Exposição colectiva, Centro Cultural Malaposta, Odivelas, Portugal
- Collective exhibit, Galeria Beltrão Coelho, Lisbon, Portugal
- Honorable mention at “Bienal de Artes Plásticas de S. Catarina”, Leiria, Portugal
- Solo exhibit, Câmara Municipal do Cadaval, Portugal.
- Collective exhibit “Aequilibria”, Centro de Documentação da Câmara Municipal de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- “Contorte Attese” Solo exhibit. Banco Popolare, Novara, Italy.
- Selected for an exhibition in VerdiOFF circuit, in occasion of “Festival Verdi”, Teatro Regio – Parma, Italy
- “Paratissima”, Lisbon, Portugal
- “Contorte Attese” Solo exhibit, Fábrica Braço de Prata, Lisbon, Portugal
- Art residency funded by Glo’Art Art Center, Lanaken, Belgium.
- Collective exhibit. Açores Fringe Festival. Madalena, Açores, Portugal.
- “Tonalidades”, art residency. Live performance. Museu do Pico, Açores, Portugal.
- 2020: “Insterstício”. Workshop with Vasco Barata. MAAT, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2019-2020: Resident Artist at MArt – Bursary MArt / Carmona e Costa / Sá da Costa. Lisbon. Mentorships with Paulo Brighenti, André Almeida e Sousa, Francisca Carvalho.
- 2018-2019: Courses / Mentorships with Paulo Brighenti, André Almeida e Sousa, Miguel Ferrão. MART, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2018: “A Sombra e o seu Duplo” with Fabrizio Montecchi, Museu da Marioneta, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2018: Drawing and painting, Ar.Co. With Rita Thomaz and Pedro Calhau, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2014: “Workshop Prático para Fazer uma Escultura Básica em Madeira” with Claire de Santa Coloma – Moinho da Fonte Santa, Alandroal, Portugal
- 2011 – Puppet Making Course, Academia Kabuki – Lisbon, Portugal
- 2003 – 2006 – Theater studies – Campo Teatrale, Milan, Italy (various representations)
- 1999 – Degree in Public Relations – IULM, Milan, Italy
- 1991 – 1995 – Theater course, “Caterpillar” company with Wanda Maio – Liceo Scientifico Antonelli, Novara, Italy (several shows and contests at national level)