Through a reflection on painting, seen in a broader perspective and including pictorial installation and, in it, physical phenomena such as shadows and reflections, HElena Valsecchi investigates the dimensions of life / death / sacred / memory through the rhetoric of the double, and their experience in the contemporary context.
Since 2015, she has been regularly exhibiting in Portugal and abroad, and she has participated in several art residencies. Carmona e Costa / MArt bursarist for 2019-2020 MArt’s Art Residency program.
HElena Valsecchi was born in Novara, Italy, in 1976. She currently lives and works between Lisbon and Peniche.
- Art Residency at RAMA – Residências Artísticas, Maceira, Torres Vedras, Portugal.
- “Insterstício”, collective exhibition. MAAT, Lisbon, Portugal.
- “Exposição de Bolseiros MArt 2019/2020”, Galeria Sá da Costa, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Art residency at “Casa Animal” with Musa Paradisíaca. Fábrica da Pólvora, Vale de Milhaços, Portugal.
- “Ronda da noite”, final exhibition of MArt’s “Acadêmia de Verão”. “Montejunto 1” project was awarded with Carmona and Costa / MArt / Sá da Costa bursary for the 2019-2020 MArt Artistic Residency program. Lisbon, Portugal.
- “PLACELESS”, solo exhibit. Lx Factory, Lisbon, Portugal
- “Coexistência e Negociação”, collective exhibit. Museu Condes de Castro Guimarães, Cascais, Portugal
- ArtParma Fair with “809 Art Gallery”, Parma, Italy
- Ar.Co Art Residency, São Carlos Theater, Lisbon, Portugal
- Collective exhibition “8”, Fábrica Braço de Prata, Lisbon, Portugal
- Exposição colectiva, Centro Cultural Malaposta, Odivelas, Portugal
- Collective exhibit, Galeria Beltrão Coelho, Lisbon, Portugal
- Honorable mention at “Bienal de Artes Plásticas de S. Catarina”, Leiria, Portugal
- Solo exhibit, Câmara Municipal do Cadaval, Portugal.
- Collective exhibition, Centro de Documentação da Câmara Municipal de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- Solo exhibition. Banco Popolare, Novara, Italy.
- Selected for an exhibition in VerdiOFF circuit, in occasion of “Festival Verdi”, Teatro Regio – Parma, Italy
- “Paratissima”, Lisbon, Portugal
- Solo exhibition, Fábrica Braço de Prata, Lisbon, Portugal
- Art residency funded by Glo’Art Art Center, Lanaken, Belgium.
- Collective exhibit. Açores Fringe Festival. Madalena, Açores, Portugal.
- “Tonalidades”, art residency. Live performance. Museu do Pico, Açores, Portugal.
- 2020: “Insterstício”. Workshop with Vasco Barata. MAAT, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2019-2020: Resident Artist at MArt – Bursary MArt / Carmona e Costa / Sá da Costa. Lisbon. Mentorships with Paulo Brighenti, André Almeida e Sousa, Francisca Carvalho.
- 2018-2019: Courses / Mentorships with Paulo Brighenti, André Almeida e Sousa, Miguel Ferrão. MART, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2018: “A Sombra e o seu Duplo” with Fabrizio Montecchi, Museu da Marioneta, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2018: Drawing and painting, Ar.Co. With Rita Thomaz and Pedro Calhau, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2014: “Workshop Prático para Fazer uma Escultura Básica em Madeira” with Claire de Santa Coloma – Moinho da Fonte Santa, Alandroal, Portugal
- 2011 – Puppet Making Course, Academia Kabuki – Lisbon, Portugal
- 2003 – 2006 – Theater studies – Campo Teatrale, Milan, Italy (various representations)
- 1999 – Degree in Public Relations – IULM, Milan, Italy
- 1991 – 1995 – Theater course, “Caterpillar” company with Wanda Maio – Liceo Scientifico Antonelli, Novara, Italy (several shows and contests at national level)