Elena Valsecchi's pictorial research focuses on human and social dynamics, elaborated by using metaphors and chromatic experimentalism.
Apparently dreamy or childish imaginaries hide a deeper reflection on the way we live. Her works consist mainly in portraits of the human soul and its critical issues, with the aim of finding a hope or answer.
Mostly self-taught, she has been enriching her research through the contributions of several artists in Italy, Portugal and Argentine. In February 2018 she decided to integrate her knowledge by joining Ar.Co Painting and Drawing full Course's 2nd year, in Lisbon, Portugal.
Her paintings are part of private collections in Italy, Portugal, France, Belgium, Chili, Peru, Argentina.
Born in Italy, she is currently living and working in a lovely countryside village near Lisbon, Portugal.
exhibitions / projects:
- Nov. 2016: "Contorções" Solo Exhibition - Lisbon Yoga Festival. Lisbon. Portugal
- Sep. - Oct. 2016: "Ciò che resta" artwork selected for VerdiOFF exhibit, related to the "Verdi Festival" at Teatro Regio - Parma, Italy
- Jul. 2016: Paratissima Lisboa.
- Jun. 2016: Açores Fringe Festival - Collective Exhibition. Madalena, Açores, Portugal.
- Jun. 2016: "Contorte Attese" Solo Exhibition at Fábrica Braço de Prata, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Apr. 2016: Granted Art Residency at Glo'Art Art Centre in Lanaken, Belgium.
- Jun. 2015: Collective Exhibition. Azores Fringe Festival. Madalena, Açores, Portugal.
- Feb. 2015: "Vento diatonico" - Mural painting for Madalena's "Public Art Route". Açores, Portugal.
- Feb. 2015: "Tonalidades", art residency. Live performance. Museu do Pico, Açores, Portugal.
- May 2014: Workshop Prático para Fazer uma Escultura Básica em Madeira / Wood Carving Workshop with Claire de Santa Coloma, Moinho da Fonte Santa, Portugal
- Jan. - mar. 2014: Travelwithart. Art exchange through Chile, Argentina and Peru.
- Dec. 2013: de 5 a 50: collective exhibition. Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2018 - 2nd year at Ar.Co drawing and Painting full course, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2011 - Puppetry making course - Academia Kabuki, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2003 - 2006 - Theatre studies - Campo Teatrale, Milan, Italy (several shows)
- 1999 - Major in Public Relations - IULM, Milan, Italy
- 1991 - 1994 - Theatre studies - Caterpillar with Wanda Maio - Liceo Scientifico Antonelli, Novara, Italy (several performances and national competitions)
Other professional experiences
- 2009 - 2014: Managing partner, Shiado Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2006 - 2008: Product Manager, Leroy Merlin, Milan, Italy
- 2000 - 2006: Brand Management / Category Management / Trade Marketing Ho.Re.Ca. - Heineken Italia, Milan, Italy